"...the main purpose of criticism...is not to make its readers agree, nice as that is, but to make them, by whatever orthodox or unorthodox method, think." - John Simon

"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity." - George Orwell

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Halloween courtesy of Sarah Michelle Geller

This fantastic horror-themed photo shoot was first published in Entertainment Weekly in October 2004. Many of these stills have quotes from famous horror films. I've always been a fan of Sarah Michelle Geller's, especially her work on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television program but even in B-movies like The Return.








6 comments:

  1. I remember this shoot well. Got the issue.

    I was a HUGE Buffy fan back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw these. Thanks, J.D., for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark Salisbury:

    Yeah, I have all the season box sets. Haven't watched an episode in ages as I kinda OD'd on them for awhile.


    le0pard13:

    No probs. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even really a Geller fan but I LOVED this shoot, and kept my copy of the EW issue it was in! So glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually seen these before. Very awesome. I love SMG. She's beautiful. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will Errickson:

    Yeah, this was a very cool photo shoot and I love all the quotes from classic horror films.


    Keith:

    Glad you enjoyed these pics. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete