- "The Rosebud Principle" - Acidemic
- "Anniversary 30 - Reprise: Thief" - It Rains... You Get Wet
- "Clash of the Cults - Nolan and Fincher" - Cinema Styles
"Like The Blair Witch Project in 1999, Paranormal Activity proved that you don't need big special effects to deliver big scares. And unlike BWP (which I still consider to be brilliant), PA had more showmanship to offer, injecting more audience-pleasing jump scares into the mix. I love the rinky-dink, handmade quality to PA's brand of funhouse tricks (like the Ouija board that bursts into flames) and I love that they've carried that quality onto the rest of the series."
- "Paranormal Praise" - Dinner with Max Jenke
"This is a dark movie to be sure, not offering any hope outright, except in the process, the idea that despite the likelihood that it will all end badly, there are people out there who try to defend the helpless. Whether they're effective or not is another story. Sometimes they are, although even when they succeed, there are others who can't be helped. All in all, you have a compelling picture of two human disaster stories that have been kicked around enough to be able to deal with most anything, except the possibility that they won't achieve their purpose in the world. There is hope in the effort, there's also tragedy and futility, and at the end we find truth which only presents more dilemmas and possibilities."
- "Narc" - Criminal Movies
- "Trancers (1985)" - Director to Video Connoisseur
- "Miami Vice (2006)" - Ferdy on Films
- "'All Men Reach and Fall...' Oliver Stone on History, Mythology and Redemption: Alexander Revisted: The Final Cut" - Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule
- "Frantic (1988)" - Icebox Movies
- "Television Review: Salem's Lot (1979, Tobe Hooper)" - Junta Juleil's Culture Shock
- "Faces and Names: Paul Thomas Anderson's Devotion to Character" - Moon in the Gutter
- "You Might As Well Live" - Mr. Peel's Sardine Liqueur
"Personally, the film walks that always difficult fine line in an introductory hero film balancing excitement, character and origin story like a circus performer on a tightrope and the trick is a sight to behold. Johnston succeeds beautifully as we hold our breath. With such a sure and steady hand on the project it's interesting how Johnston often receives backhanded compliments regarding his work as if he stumbled upon good luck. He may not be Christopher Nolan, but his work is solid as it is here in Captain America: The First Avenger."
- "Captain America & The Invaders" - Musings of a Sci-Fi Fanatic
"Jennifer Eight never lived up to its potential and as a result it is almost forgotten today. Instead of two narratives beautifully weaved, Jennifer Eight is two films fighting each other: the dramatic narrative hurts the mystery and vice versa."
- "Jennifer Eight (1992)" - Quiet Cool
- "Summer of Satan: The Devil's Rain" - The Agitation of the Mind
- "The Jacket (John Maybury, 2005)" - The Blue Vial
- "Ordinary People" - The Cooler
- "The King of Wilmington - The Night Flier (1997): Why Turn Into a Bat When You Could Fly A Plane?" - The Lightning Bug's Lair
"Black Rain’s world is as teeming with visually fetishist detailing, and fascination for the textures of cultural cross-pollination in an urban setting, as Blade Runner, a world of high technology and colossal capital stricken with moral rot and criminal chimera. The mood also matches the sodden, clammy anxiety that underpins Nick’s relentless, kick-‘em-in-the-teeth drive to nail Sato and redeem his soiled manhood and professional pride. The film as a whole is a design classic, laden with that very late ‘80s blend of streetwise grit, video-clip chic, and gamy, expletive-riddled boldness."
- "Black Rain (1989)" - This Island Rod
- "Out of Sight" - Only the Cinema
- "Forgotten Films: O.C. & Stiggs (1987)" - Technicolor Dreams 70
- "Cult Movie Review: Mad Max (1970)" - John Kenneth Muir's Reflections on Film/TV
- "Megaforce" - Lost Video Archive
- "The Modern American Horror Film: Subtext and Text: Day of the Dead" - Son of Danse Macabre
- "DVD Review: Thundarr the Barbarian (1980)" - Space: 1970
- "The Unseen #62: Morvern Callar" - Things That Don't Suck
- "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)" - The Film Connoisseur
- "Dead Alive (1992): or, Kicking Arse for the Lord" - Mad Mad Mad Mad Movies